Mumbai CST bridge collapse: What we all know thus far – Occasions of India
MUMBAI: No less than 5 individuals had been killed and several other others had been injured after a foot overbridge collapsed outdoors the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station in Mumbai on Thursday night.
This is what we all know thus far concerning the incident:
* Mumbai Police to register a case in reference to the bridge collapse incident
* Three sufferers with head accidents have been shifted to JJ hospital
* NDRF workforce was withdrawn from the accident spot at 10.34pm after the completion of the rescue operation
* CM has initiated a high-level probe. We are going to attempt to get the inquiry report as early as attainable: Medical training minister Girish Mahajan
* CM Fadnavis has introduced ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh for the kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 for the injured. State to bear the price of their remedy
* The collapse of a foot overbridge in Mumbai is deeply saddening. My ideas are with the households who misplaced their family members on this accident. I pray for the speedy restoration of the injured: House minister Rajnath Singh
* A serious portion of the foot overbridge caved in at round 7.30pm on Thursday.
* The bridge connects the bustling Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus railway station with the Azad Maidan police station in Mumbai.
Mumbai CST bridge collapse: A purple site visitors sign that proved fortunate for a lot of motorists
A purple sign at a site visitors junction close to a foot overbridge, part of which caved in Mumbai Thursday, proved fortunate for plenty of motorists who had been ready for it to show inexperienced.With out the purple sign, the motorists would have handed below the bridge close to the CSMT railway station, a world heritage website, when part of it got here crashing at round 7.30 pm.
* The NDRF says a 45-member workforce has reached the footbridge collapse website.
* All of the injured have been rushed to close by hospitals, a catastrophe administration cell official stated. Whereas six injured had been admitted to the close by St George Hospital, 10 had been shifted to the G T hospital.
* The bridge which related the realm close to the Occasions of India constructing with the enduring CSMT station was generally generally known as ‘Kasab bridge’ after the 26/11 Mumbai assault terrorist handed by way of it in the course of the terror assaults.
Learn this story in Bengali