This week’s top stories: AirPods Pro, 16-inch MacBook Pro exclusive, Apple TV+, and more – 9to5Mac
On this week’s prime tales: An unique have a look at the 16-inch MacBook Professional, AirPods Professional are right here, Apple TV+ debuts, iOS 13.2 launch, and extra. Learn on for all of this week’s largest information.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
Apple this week formally launched the brand new AirPods Professional. The AirPods Professional characteristic Lively Noise Cancellation in addition to Transparency mode. The brand new in-ear design can also be extra versatile, with Apple together with three units of ear ideas within the field. You get 5 hours of battery life, and over 24 hours with the included charging case. AirPods Professional can be found now for $249.
9to5Mac on Wednesday found an asset in macOS 10.15.1 that exhibits an in depth have a look at the Contact Bar and Contact ID format for the rumored 16-inch MacBook Professional. Within the picture, you possibly can see that the Contact ID button – which additionally serves as the ability button – is separated from the remainder of the Contact Bar. Learn our full protection right here.
9to5Mac additionally reported this week that Apple is planning the “AirTag” title for its Tile-like merchandise trackers. Learn extra on that right here.
On Friday, Apple TV+ formally debuted to the general public. Apple TV+ is launching with a library of 9 titles, with just a few extra being launched over the approaching weeks. To observe Apple TV+, open the TV app in your gadget and search for the TV+ banner. From there, you possibly can join the service, and redeem your 1-year free trial when you’re eligible for it.
This week marked earnings week for Apple, with the corporate reporting its outcomes for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2019. For the fourth quarter of 2019, Apple reported income of $64 billion and revenue of $13.7 billion. The earnings launch additionally included information about Apple Card: beginning later this 12 months, Apple Card customers will have the ability to finance iPhone purchases at Zero p.c curiosity for 24 months.
Final however not least, Apple launched iOS 13.2 to the general public on Monday. The replace contains the brand new Deep Fusion digital camera know-how for iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Professional, new emoji, and extra. There are new Siri privateness settings as nicely, for giving customers extra management over what information they share with Apple.
These and the remainder of this week’s prime tales under.
iOS | tvOS |
- iOS 13.2 now accessible with Deep Fusion, new emoji, Siri privateness settings, extra
- iOS 13: Find out how to use customized fonts on iPhone and iPad
- Apple releasing HomePod software program replace with promised voice profiles, Handoff options, way more
- HomePod provides new Ambient Sounds characteristic, right here’s each command to strive to this point
- Complaints of iOS 13.2 killing background apps, ‘doesn’t multitask any extra’
- Find out how to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Professional digital camera characteristic
- Unique: Apple planning ‘AirTag’ title for Tile-like tracker accent
- Digitimes: 2020 iPhone to characteristic 120Hz excessive refresh price ‘ProMotion’ show
- Deep Fusion variations typically refined, however actually present up in pet images
- Apple Card including 0% financing for iPhone purchases later this 12 months
- First have a look at unreleased Apple Sensible Battery case for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Professional, and iPhone 11 Professional Max
Mac + iPad |
- Unique: 16-inch MacBook Professional Contact Bar and Contact ID format confirmed
- Apple introducing new silver/black Magic equipment for upcoming Mac Professional
- Apple releases macOS Catalina 10.15.1 replace with new Emoji, HomeKit Safe Video assist, and extra
High Apple tales, retail |
- Apple Shops welcome AirPods Professional with larger-than-life window pictures, customized shows
- Made in LDN Showcase will spotlight In the present day at Apple creations in London
- In the present day at Apple and CaixaForum collaborate on inventive classes in Madrid
- ‘Snoopy in Area’ Design Lab touchdown in Apple Shops
Apple Watch |
- Apple releasing watchOS 6.1 to the general public with Apple Watch Sequence 1 and Sequence 2 assist, extra
- AirPods Professional vs Powerbeats Professional: How specs, measurement, value, and extra evaluate
- Act stunned: the primary Xiaomi smartwatch carefully resembles the Apple Watch
Apple TV |
- Apple TV+ is now reside within the TV app: Begin watching Apple’s authentic TV exhibits and films
- Right here’s the best way to get your free 12 months of Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ Information: Right here’s all of the Apple TV exhibits and films accessible now
- $4.99/month Apple Music scholar subscription now bundles Apple TV+ without spending a dime
- Tim Cook dinner explains why Apple is giving TV+ away without spending a dime, talks early Apple Arcade reception
Tech Trade |
- Assessment: Beats Solo Professional on-ear headphones mix AirPods options with Studio noise cancellation
- Linksys debuts Velop WiFi 6 mesh system with speeds as much as 5.3Gbps, 6,000 sq ft protection
- Apple unveils new in-ear AirPods Professional coming October 30 for $249
- What’s the distinction in AirPods and AirPods Professional? Right here’s how measurement, value, and options evaluate
- AirPods Professional vs Powerbeats Professional: How specs, measurement, value, and extra evaluate
- AirPods Professional first impressions: Noise cancellation ‘higher than anticipated,’ spectacular match, design [Videos]
- Tim Cook dinner says AirPods Professional are complementary to AirPods, not replacements
- Ballot: Are you shopping for the brand new in-ear AirPods Professional with noise cancellation?
- AirPods Professional: Find out how to use Ear Tip Match Take a look at and alter ideas
- AirPods Professional sound overview: High quality ‘nice’ and total ’greatest wi-fi earbuds available on the market’
- AirPods Professional: Find out how to customise Pressure Sensor controls
- AirPods Professional teardown places a highlight on the tiny chips inside Apple’s noise-canceling wi-fi earbuds
- AirPods Professional substitute and restore prices rise to $89 per earbud, similar for case
- AirPods Professional: Find out how to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
High Apple tales, firm |
- Apple releases fiscal This fall 2019 earnings, proclaims income of $64 billion
- Remark: Apple is progressively promoting increasingly of us an iPhone subscription
- Apple promotes a number of senior administrators to VP positions, early iPhone advertising and marketing exec returns
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for extra movies.
This week’s prime movies |
- Assessment: Apple Watch Sequence 5 always-on show is a giant enchancment, but it surely comes at a value [Video]
- Making a Mac mini video modifying setup for beneath $2,000 [Video]
9to5Mac Every day |
Sponsored by Channels: Channels makes it simple to look at reside TV from your whole units. Get your first month of Channels Plus without spending a dime right here.
Take heed to a recap of the highest tales of the day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Every day is accessible on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or by way of our devoted RSS feed for Overcast and different podcast gamers.
- 9to5Mac Every day: November 01, 2019 – Apple TV+ debuts, extra
- 9to5Mac Every day: October 31, 2019 – 16-inch MacBook Professional, AAPL earnings
- 9to5Mac Every day: October 30, 2019 – watchOS 6.1, Apple TV+ bundle
- 9to5Mac Every day: October 29, 2019 – AirPods Professional formally introduced
- 9to5Mac Every day: October 28, 2019 – ProMotion iPhone shows, Apple’s good residence plans
9to5Mac Watch Time episode 9 |
Will Sigmon joins Zac to speak about their shared ardour for know-how, Will’s expertise excelling with dwarfism, sensible makes use of for Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie, Made for iPhone listening to support integration with iOS and watchOS, and way more.
9to5Mac Watch Time is a seasonal podcast collection hosted by Zac Corridor. On this collection, we speak to actual folks about how the Apple Watch is affecting their lives.
9to5Mac Watch Time is now accessible on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, and your favourite podcast participant by way of RSS. Subscribe now to take pleasure in our teaser trailer and listen to new episodes as quickly as they drop — beginning subsequent week.
Comfortable Hour Podcast #249 |
iPhone 5 is simply days away from going offline with a crucial replace, Apple unveiled new AirPods Professional in-ear headphones, 9to5Mac has an in depth glimspe on the 16-inch MacBook Professional, and Apple releases new options for HomePod.
9to5Mac Comfortable Hour is accessible on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, or by way of our devoted RSS feed for Overcast and different podcast gamers.
Stacktrace Podcast #59 |
Apple releases the AirPods Professional, and the Rambo Report makes its triumphant return because the title of Apple’s monitoring tag is revealed. Additionally, balancing fixing tech debt with characteristic growth, Swift vs SDK options, and way more.
Stacktrace by 9to5Mac is accessible on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app or by way of our devoted RSS feed for Overcast and different podcast gamers.
Apple @ Work |
Apple @ Work is a weekly collection from Bradley Chambers overlaying Apple in schooling. Bradley has been managing Apple units in an schooling setting since 2009. Via his expertise deploying and managing a whole lot of Macs and a whole lot of iPads, Bradley will spotlight methods during which Apple’s merchandise work at scale, tales from the trenches of IT administration, and methods Apple may enhance its merchandise for college kids.
- Apple @ Work: How will Wi-Fi 6 influence Apple within the enterprise?
- Apple @ Work: When to deploy macOS Catalina, iOS 13, and iPadOS 13
- Apple @ Work: IoT units face safety issues that should be addressed
- Apple @ Work: Did net apps enable the Mac to flourish within the enterprise?
- Apple @ Work: Why are IT professionals selecting Apple merchandise once they used to ban them?
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s tales delivered to your inbox each day. And to 9to5Toys for the perfect offers from across the net.
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.